Our in-house developed integrated manufacturing information system, which has evolved with the business over the last 20 years, links production directly to business activities for full visibility and control of the entire process. This starts in the planning process office with full MRP, CAD/CAM and production planning systems, and continues through to the shop floor where we electronically distribute and collect all process data.
This closed loop approach enables our customers to receive accurate updates on the progress of their orders. It also generates a comprehensive data record to satisfy traceability requirements. The level of process control and manufacturing intelligence we achieve through this process is one of our key differentiators.
- Kenard was investing in and developing its own smart factory, digital technologies long before it was common practice
- We use technology as a key enabler for informed, event-based decision making, transparency and regulatory compliance
- We embrace the technologies behind Industry 4.0 to improve inter-operability between people, processes and machines for greater collaboration, creative problem solving and innovation.
Kenard is very much a Process Metrics driven business, we speak with data. This extends beyond the factory floor to encompass the entire business, creating an information rich environment. Our digital strategy and in-house development capability gives us the flexibility to respond quickly to the dynamic global market. As a result we can make transformational changes that make us leaner, more agile and cost effective without compromising on the high quality levels that are the cornerstone of our business.
Knowledge is a Quality
The British Standards Institution describes knowledge as a quality, something that you can trust and safely base far-reaching decisions on. At Kenard we have taken information and knowledge sharing to the next level with our in-house developed KIDS MRP and Electronic Batch Card software. Key features of these applications include:
- Integration – supporting strong connections between processes, business units, and people
- Visual Management – Clear, visual, prioritised and colour coded operation information and live progress
- Control – Definition, standardisation and enforcement of procedures and regulations
- Traceability – Full documentation and data transaction logs for complete traceability
- Preventative Maintenance – Resource lifecycle management for auditable history and to eliminate preventable downtime or machining errors
- Performance Management – An ongoing process of analysis and review ensures that we are able to take a knowledge driven approach to continuous correction that results in real benefits for our customers
Data > Information > Knowledge
Our thorough and analytical approach to the entire manufacturing process ensures that the integrity of your original design is maintained and products of the highest quality are delivered when you require them. The main driver for the adoption and development of new and innovative technology has always been to enable us to provide a better service to our customers.