Engineering Inspection Facilities
The demand to meet ISO, 5S and Customer standards puts great emphasis on the performance of our engineering inspection processes and services. Outgoing quality levels are maintained by developing assurance and certification techniques based upon our extensive experience and customer feedback. To satisfy these criteria, Kenard has adopted a Quality concept that embraces every facet of our company.
Comprehensive inspection facilities include:
- Brown & Sharpe DEA Scirocco CNC CMM machine
- Brown & Sharpe DEA Mistral CNC CMM machine
- PC Demis CAD++ version 4.2 MR2 software
All CMM programmes are archived into their selected folders and are stored on a network drive so that they will run on either CNC CMM. All programme files are backed up daily.
- Mityutyo B-241 manual CMM machine
- Johansson MicroHite manual CMM machine
- PC Demis 2009 software
- Various equipment including Trimos vertical height gauge, Midland metrology shadowgraph, various micrometers, vernier callipers, dial test indicators, thread gauges and plug gauges
All measuring equipment is calibrated by a UKAS approved third party company on an annual basis. We also regularly use a Renishaw Machine Checking Gauge (MCG) for CMM performance monitoring.
Inspection services include:
- First off inspection, in process inspection and final inspection
- FAIRS to AS9102 and customer requirements
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- Dimensional Characteristic Matrix (DCM)
- Inspection and control plans
- Visual inspection
- Customer eyes overcheck (CEO)