Skilled CNC Setter/Operator – Milling or Turning
An exciting opportunity has arisen for skilled CNC Setter/Operator at Kenard Engineering Company, based in Dartford.
Our CNC Setters/Operators consistently apply core skills in engineering and machining to produce parts to close tolerances, conforming to specification, and in accordance with batch cards. Our parts are machined from a variety of materials including some exotic materials. Our CNC operators drive through continuous improvements and take ownership and responsibility for their work.
The basic working week is 39hrs but overtime is readily available at the moment.
The successful applicant will most likely have:
- Completed a 3 or 4 Year Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Be competent to set and operate designated CNC machines-tools
- Be able to use manual gauges accurately and various instruments to verify product conformity in process.
- An understanding of CNC programming (Fanuc or Fanuc based)
- An understanding of the requirements of AS9100 would be beneficial
- Competency in CMM operation
- Ability to use a shadowgraph
- A background in aerospace work would be an advantage
In return we offer competitive rate of pay – depending on experience and skills, a genuine sick pay, employer pension contribution, death in service benefit, profit related pay – if eligible, CPD and a friendly working environment.
Please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.