Operating a synchronised IT environment; linking the top floor directly to business activities helps us to execute the manufacturing process more effectively and efficiently. This starts in the planning process office with full ERP, CAD/CAM and APS systems, and continues through to the shop floor where we electronically distribute and collect all process data.
This closed loop approach gives us full visibility and control of the entire manufacturing process and enables customers to receive accurate data in the progress of their orders. It also provides a comprehensive history of the production process to satisfy customers’ traceability requirements.
Kenard is very much a Process Metrics driven business. This places great emphasis on our software applications to track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), both financial and non-financial measures, and create an information rich environment. We benefit from a dedicated IT/Software Development department, which has allowed us to evolve an integrated and tailored approach to the collection and distribution of business and manufacturing intelligence data. Such a detailed approach helps us to align execution to strategy by closely monitoring and controlling the entire decision making lifecycle.
Knowledge is a Quality
At Kenard we have always embraced advances in technology and as digitisation takes hold of the manufacturing industry we are well placed to take advantage of the proliferation of smart manufacturing technologies. We use technology as a key enabler to support informed, event-based decision making, transparency and regulatory compliance. Manufacturing data is therefore one of our primary business assets.
Data > Information > Knowledge
The British Standards Institution describes knowledge as a quality, something that you can trust and safely base far-reaching decisions on. At Kenard we have taken information and knowledge sharing to the next level with our in-house developed KIDS ERP and Electronic Batch Card software. Key features of these applications include:
- Integration – supporting strong connections between processes, business units, and people
- Visual Management – Clear, visual, prioritised and colour coded operation information and live progress
- Control – Definition, standardisation and enforcement of procedures and regulations
- Traceability – Full documentation and data transaction logs for complete traceability
- Preventative Maintenance – Resource lifecycle management for auditable history and to eliminate preventable downtime or machining errors
- Performance Management – An ongoing process of analysis and review ensures that we are able to take a knowledge driven approach to continuous correction that results in real benefits for our customers
Our thorough and analytical approach to the entire manufacturing process ensures that the integrity of your original design is maintained and products of the highest quality are delivered when you require them. The main driver for the adoption and development of new and innovative technology has always been to enable us to provide a better service to our customers.